WHAT HAPPENED ON THE BLOG THIS MONTH?
November went by in a bit of a whirlwind! How is it December already?
We started off the month with some Spain and Italy posts leftover from my adventures in September and October. I still feel like I have a hundred more posts to write about these two trips but I’ll try to give it a rest for a bit!
- Hidden Gem: Genoa, Italy. A glimpse of this gorgeous city which seems to be a bit off of the beaten path with backpackers. I recommend giving it a try.
- Book Review: Italy by Lonely Planet. The guide book that got me through Italy in one piece!
- Tour Talk: Barcelona Ciclo Tour Rent-A-Bike. A lovely day tour I did in Barcelona, cycling through the city and seeing the highlights!
I also went back to my roots this month, topping up my backpacking category with some general travelling posts.
- How To Plan Your Dream RTW Route. A guide to getting started and planning your round the world trip! Exciting!
- 12 Signs You Live In A Hostel. A funny list of signs that you might in fact be living in a hostel. Because sometimes you’re in denial.
- When Bad Weather Ruins Your Trip. In light of my rainy day in Florence, I take a look at other destinations that bad weather has tainted for me.
A few Asia flashback posts also made an appearance in November. (I think because it’s getting cold in London and I’d rather be on a beach!).
- The Thai Island in Pie Charts. This is my very first crack at creating an infographic! It’s a tongue-in-cheek look at the Thai islands!
- A Unique Experience at Queen Spa in Shenzhen, China. Spoiler: It’s a pretty weird experience.
I discovered a new fave brand this month in Skinnydip London and tried some of their quirky travel accessories!
- New Favourite Brand: Skinnydip London. Cool luggage tags and make-up bags galore!
Finally, the Christmas spirit has also ramped up! Yay Christmas!
- Blogger Event: Paperchase SS16. As part of a blogger event with Paperchase I got to style up my very own Christmas tree! Complete with a raccoon in a tutu decoration of course…
- Christmas Day Down Under. My experience of spending Christmas abroad in Australia – definite pros and cons to consider!
WHAT HAPPENED ON SOCIAL MEDIA THIS MONTH?
Instagram has been fabulous again for Heels with lots of new followers! Here’s my most popular ‘gram of November – a shot of a gorgeous evening on Koh Tao beach…
WHAT HAPPENED IN MY WORLD THIS MONTH?
At the beginning of November I went to my very first WTM event, a massive travel event for everyone in the travel industry. It was pretty overwhelming but cool to learn about the new trends in the travel world.
But the BEST part was that I won a competition! That’s right, I only went and won a bloody trip to Bali courtesy of Garuda Airlines! YES. Literally the first thing I’ve ever won. I’m so excited, so stay tuned for Bali adventures in 2016!
I also went to the Christmas lights switch on at a local village – Stony Stratford. It was really cute with a lantern parade through the High Street!
WHAT’S COMING UP NEXT MONTH?
Lots more Christmas adventures! Follow my every move on Twitter or Instagram to see what I’m getting up to! I’m also planning my travel adventures for next year, let me know if you have any suggestions!
What did you think of November on Heels? Leave a comment below or Tweet me @HeelsInBackpack!