Well the last two months went by pretty fast. So much so that June passed by in a flash without a monthly roundup in sight. And I only started doing them in May so it doesn’t bode very well does it? That’s ok, two birds and all that… Here’s the lowdown on June and July 2015 on Heels In My Backpack.
It’s summer. YES. And you know what that means? Festivals. So quite a few posts in June and July were about all things festival in the UK…
- Travelling vs. Festivals. The similarities between two of my most favourite things in life. Remember to pack the Batiste.
- The Best of ‘Festival Shops’ for Travelling Clothes. Everything’s boho and summery and will make you look like a seventies dream. Yes please.
- The Ultimate Glastonbury Festival Packing List. This was mainly so that I remember what to take next year. And how much cider is desirable.
- Glastonbury Festival Top 5 Food Trucks. I’m still thinking about that cheese avalanche from Le Rac Shack…
You may have realised this was mainly brought on from my first ever experience of Glastonbury Festival. And it was amazing. Where else in the world can you watch Lionel Richie, then pop to the Circus and finish with a silent disco? Fingers crossed I get tickets for next year…
I was also fortunate enough to visit the quirky city of Berlin in July! Such a cool place to visit and I really enjoyed exploring on foot. Cue Berlin related posts…
- The Best of Berlin Street Art. My favourite pieces of street art in Berlin, from around Kreutzberg and on the Berlin Wall itself at the Eastside Gallery. It’s pretty damn cool.
- How To Spend a Day in Berlin on a Budget. A whole day in Berlin, exploring the city and eating your weight in currywurst. It’s heaven.
- Travel Guide Review: Marco Polo’s Berlin with Street Atlas and Pull Out Map. A review of a new range of travel guides I wanted to test drive. Spoiler: I’m a geek for maps.
Other Posts in June & July
A mix of product reviews and destination-based thingymebobs.
- 27 Signs You’ve Done a Working Holiday in Australia. One of my most popular posts this month! A funny little rundown of the experiences you’ve likely had on a WHV in Aus!
- Top 5 Things For Backpackers To Do in Bangkok. It’s backpacker’s paradise. Here’s what to do while you’re there.
- The 100th Post on Heels. A pretty big milestone I think. Who knew my rambling little blog posts would add up, right?
- Best Instagram Accounts To Follow For Maximum Wanderlust. Warning, they will make you extremely jealous. Beautiful people in beautiful locations. Sigh.
- Product Review: Eagle Creek Silk Undercover Bra Stash. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. And sometimes a girl has to stuff her bra. With cash.
- Sleeping Bag Liner – Yay or Nay? One of the basics here, do you really need to take a sleeping bag liner on your trip?
- 6 New Fears I developed in Australia. This country is a terrifying place full of things that want to kill you. You’ll be lucky if you come out alive. The White Ibis in particular…
- Travel Journal Review: Ramble & Rove by John Robshaw. Such a pretty fabric-covered journal for your travels.
So that was the last two months on Heels! There was a lot going on, right? Let me know what you thought, any posts you liked or didn’t like, any products I’ve reviewed that you tried out, etc. Cheers babes. Now back to my summer…