The cat’s out the bag, I’m heading to Weekender Festival in Jersey next month! I’m super excited about it.
I mean although I love the biggies like Glastonbury and Bestival, smaller boutique festivals definitely have a place in my heart. There are less crowds, you get closer to the bands and there’s normally more of a community vibe, you know?
Plus there are loads of cool bands I really heart that I want to see at Weekender. I mean Two Door Cinema Club are one of my absolute faves. And I’m also really liking Blossoms and Circa Waves lately. AND there’s a bit of a throwback with the Happy Mondays and Goldie Lookin Chain! Oh gosh and The Cuban Brothers! It just looks so good.
Pretty sick line-up for a boutique festival, huh?
Hold up, I haven’t told you about the food yet! YES, FOOD. There’s actually the Weekender ‘Feastiville’ Street Food Picnic on site. And boy oh boy do I love street food. Like, seriously. Each food stall will by selling a tasting platter of its menu at a fixed price of £5, which just sounds like the best idea ever. No more food envy for me sir!
And there’s like street performers and cool things to see, so I think it’s going to be a top notch weekend. Oh and I forgot to mention, it’s the first ever time Weekender is being held so I’ll be one of the first people to experience the festival! It’s also going to be my first time in Jersey so I’m looking forward to exploring the island whilst I’m there too!
WIN A Pair Of Tickets To Weekender Festival + Flights!
Okay okay, you get it. This festival is the dog’s bollocks. But I know what you really want to know is how YOU can go!!
Well it’s your lucky day pal, because this weekend I’m GIVING AWAY a pair of tickets to Weekender, plus a pair of Easyjet flights to get you there! Flights will depart from London Gatwick on Friday 1st September and return Monday 4th September (with the festival in between!)
All you have to do is head over to my Twitter page – @HeelsInBackpack – and do the following:
IT’S THAT EASY. The competition photo will look a lil something like this FYI:
And you have until midnight Monday 7th August 2017 to enter (See below for full T&Cs). So what are you waiting for? Go, go ,go!
Waiting to see if you’ve won? In the meantime, you can sign up to receive Visit Jersey emails to find out more about your perfect island break over here: www.jersey.com/sign-up or check out #theislandbreak on social for some serious Jersey inspo!
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Heels in my Backpack and prizes have been donated by Visit Jersey, The Weighbridge, St Helier, JE2 3NG
- Employees of the aforementioned companies or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Twitter – @HeelsInBackpack.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight Monday 7th August 2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Entrants must follow @HeelsInBackpack and @VisitJerseyCI on Twitter, and retweet the competition photo. The winner will receive a pair of tickets to Weekender Festival and a pair of Easyjet return flights from London Gatwick, subject to availability, departing on Friday 01 September returning Monday 04 September.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software provided by randomizer.org from all entries received and verified by Heels In My Backpack.
- The winner will be notified via Twitter within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, I reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Heels In My Backpack and Visit Jersey and not to any other party. By entering, entrants confirm they are 18+ years of age, release Twitter of responsibility, and agree to Twitter’s term of use.
What do you think of this competition? Would you like to see more like this? Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @HeelsInBackpack!
Total Blogger Transparency: Competition and prize are sponsored by Visit Jersey and Weekender Jersey but all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. I wouldn’t play you like that, shorty.