ID Please?

Just a quick post today to remind you to bring your ID with you on your trip – I.e, Drivers Licence.

I remember deliberating whether to bring mine as there’s a chance I could lose it and will probably have my passport on me anyway so what’s the point?

Ok well first of all, you shouldn’t have your passport on you all the time. I know people who have lost bags at beach parties and losing your passport too is a drag. Not that you’ll need ID in Asia but it is the same as the UK in America/Australia so you’ll definitely need proof of age to get into bars/clubs.

Leaving your passport in a hostel sounds like a risk but there are normally safes/lockers in your room. And if not, I used to hide mine wrapped in my travel towel in its pouch! Some hostels will keep your passport at reception as a deposit whilst your staying there anyway, so you will need your drivers licence for sure.

So just bring ID with you, ok? It makes life a little easier!

0 thoughts on “ID Please?

  • 6th May 2015 at 12:26 pm

    I’m quite unusual in that my passport is my *only* form of ID!

    The UK doesn’t have a “National ID Card” or anything like that. The only forms of ID that are generally accepted (in pubs etc) are passports, driving licenses, and ‘proof of age’ cards issued in conjunction with the government and the pub trade almost exclusively to 18-25 year olds who haven’t yet learned to drive (and who look younger than they are).

    I’m 39 years old and never got around to learning to drive …

    Interestingly, I know some people who have neither a driving license nor a passport. Evidently proving your identity isn’t important in the UK … :p


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: